Hi guys, I’m Amanda! This is the first blog post in the 30 Days of Me series! Today’s blog post is about posting 15 facts about me (that hopefully none of you know). I’m sure that some of you will know (Husband, family, etc) but I will try to find facts that no one knows! I want to learn about you too! Let’s start a conversation in the comments! Share 5 facts about you and let’s start some dialogue.
- I have a fascination with serial killers. During my Associate’s degree in Criminology, I did my final Capstone on serial killers and tried to find a correlation between them (there was none). That inspired me to get my Bachelor’s degree in Forensic Psychology and I loved every minute of it. PS, if you also have a fascination with serial killers, hit me up. I’ve been banned to discuss it with family because they don’t share the same interest! I’m dying to talk to people about it.
- I want to become a candy maker/chocolatier. During my time at baking school, I fell in love with the idea of candy making and chocolate creations. It’s something that I have always wanted to do, but I don’t believe I have the skills or the mindset to start my own company.
- I am also an aspiring author! I have participated in a number of NaNoWriMo months and I have a few books that are almost finished and definitely unedited. The only thing standing in the way of me pursuing these are my personal fears and my personal laziness.
- I play the piano. I haven’t played for some time now, but I self-taught myself Fur Elise before I took 10 years of piano lessons. I can sight read music and I really miss playing!
- I am a twin! Yup, my sister is also my twin! I couldn’t ask for a better sister and we think we are identical but we aren’t sure. We are basically opposite each other.
- I could be my sister. When my sister and I were babies, my mom could have mixed us up. After this mishap, she painted my big toenail red because we looked so much alike. I could really be Hilary but who knows.
- I can remember most of the song lyrics I hear. It may take a minute, but I can recall lyrics from songs that I haven’t heard in years. Songs from preschool and Kindergarten so song lyrics I hear a few times. It pairs perfectly with Husband’s uncanny ability to remember melodies and tunes.
- I love to read. I have stacks of books that I need to read and, even though I don’t have a lot of time to read, I love to read. Most of the books that I have are psychological thrillers so if you have any that should be added to my collection, let me know.
- I was adopted. I was adopted with my twin sister from South Korea. We were in foster care for 6 months leading up to us coming to America and in June 1990 we landed in American soil to be with our adopted mom! I haven’t been back to South Korea, but it’s something that I’ve been wanting to do!
- My first job was at a garden nursery where I worked with my Horticulture teacher! I was lucky where my first job was at a garden nursery just a few minutes from my house! I loved it and I got to work alongside my Horticulture teacher, who sparked my love for gardening and plants and is someone who really impacted my life.
- I was a child model. When I was younger, I was a model. I shot for commercials, magazines, and advertisements. I did a couple big brands such as Carter’s and Discovery Zone. I found the Discovery Zone commercial a few years ago and saved it. Look for the Asian girls (my sister and me).
- I love Netflix and Hulu. I am probably way too addicted to it, but I am addicted. If you guys have a show that I need to watch, PLEASE share it. I’m running out.
- I’ve had some random (for me) jobs! I have worked at GameStop, a wedding planning company, a gift shop, a doctor office (doing referrals), a daycare, an art museum, as a debt collector, and as a concessions clerk at a stadium.
- Speaking of jobs, I was denied working for a job because I was over-qualified. I didn’t exactly know what I was signing up for, I just knew it was a phone sales position. Turns out, they denied me because I was over-qualified and it was for Viagra. I feel like it was a crisis averted.
- I love musicals. I have always wanted to see Phantom of the Opera, Wicked, and Les Misérables live. My favorite so far is definitely 42nd Street, which I have seen twice live.