We are well into Autumn now which means that my urge for pumpkin spice is starting to be substituted for the longing for peppermint (I’m coming for you peppermint hot cocoa). I don’t know if you are the same way, but I love Autumn. I love most everything about it! I couldn’t help but notice though that my attitude towards Autumn changes pre-Autumn and midst-Autumn. I decided to compile a list comparing and contrasting the two. Maybe you can identify with me?
- Oh! I can’t wait to wear leggings again!
- Oh! And boots!
- THOSE SWEATERS THOUGH!
- COLD WEATHER MAKES FOR CUTE LAYERS!
- PUMPKIN SPICE! PUMPKIN SPICE! PUMPKIN SPICE!
- LEAVES CHANGING!
For those of you that didn’t know, I am basically a basic white girl only with an Asian flair. For the sake of only living once, I decided to embrace it this year instead of trying to go against it. So, as soon as October 1st hit and it was socially acceptable to wear Halloween garb (mind you, the only reason why I could wait until October 1st was because I was busy choosing the family’s Halloween costumes (which I ordered in September)), I set out in public the only way I knew how. Halloween shirt, Halloween leggings, boots, and a pumpkin spice Chai Tea Latte (only, it wasn’t from Starbucks. I’m more of a Dutch Brothers person.)
Now, I know that I’m not the only one who loves Autumn. Some are maybe even more obsessed than me, although my husband may argue with you on that one. So I’m sure I’m not the only one who thinks like this in the middle of Autumn…
- These boots hurt my feet.
- ANOTHER STORM?! The power better not go out.
- It’s too hot with this sweater.
- It’s too cold without this sweater.
- PEPPERMINT! PEPPERMINT! PEPPERMINT!
- Ugh, I’m going to have to put ALL of these Halloween decorations away!
- Ugh, the dogs/kids need to go outside BUT IT’S TOO RAINY!
- I couldn’t take it anymore, so, they’ll get a little muddy. At least they aren’t ransacking the house.